She’s an experienced host and she’s ready to be part of the family.
The American Ninja Warrior family has a new addition! A recent media alert announced that season 11 will debut with a new face on the sidelines; host, actress and writer, Zuri Hall!
Zuri is picking up Kristine Leahy’s reins, who was the sideline reporter from seasons seven through 10. Zuri has interviewed celebrities like Lady Gaga and Oprah (!) on the red carpet. She’s probably got these Ninjas handled.
We’re sure Matt Iseman and Akbar Gbajabiamila will show her all the Ninja Warrior ropes and we’re excited to see her get to work, sharing some of the best and worst moments with the Ninjas.
Here are 10 fast facts to help you get to know the newest member of the Ninja Warrior team.
- She’s an Emmy Award winning TV host, actress and writer who works with E! Entertainment.
- She’s an Ohio native, Ohio State University graduate, and self-declared “Proud Buckeye.”
- Her YouTube channel has over 114k subscribers.
- She hosted the after shows and reunion specials for MTV’s show The Challenge.
- She previously did two seasons as the in-game arena host for the NBA’s Indiana Pacers, and was the on-stage host of the 2012 Super Bowl Village.
- Zuri is passionate about the causes that inspire her, especially empowering women. She gave the NAACP keynote speech on the power of voting & personal economic empowerment, at her hometown chapter’s 2018 Freedom Fund banquet.
7. She also participates in the Ad Council’s ‘Know Your Girls’ campaign to raise breast cancer awareness for Black women.
8. She works with single mothers & underprivileged youth through volunteering her time at local shelters and organizations, including the Alexandria House.
9. She also co-hosted NBC’s live stream of the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in 2018.
10. She’s got style for days!
View this post on Instagram
VOGUE. ALLURE. MARIE CLAIRE. COSMO. DAILY MAIL. My inner “shy, little 10-year-old Zuri from Toledo, Ohio with some BIG dreams” is doing backflips right now (better her than me, cuz mama’s got a bad knee these days). • Thank you to my fab glam team: @robertocardenaz @beautybymelina @hairbyshaa! #GetZLook • I LOVE me some live TV… feel SO blessed to do what I love… and thank @eentertainment for giving me a platform on which to do it! No slowing down in 2019 — we just getting started!
Welcome to the team, Zuri!