Decide who moves into the final round.
Season four has declared a “greatest buzzer” winner and now season five is just one round away! In case you haven’t noticed, we’re looking for the best-loved-buzzer-runs in American Ninja Warrior history and things are heading into the later rounds.
Season five started with 32 runs. After three rounds of voting, only four runs remain. That means your votes will decide which two will face off one more time to take the title for the season. We’re digging your picks for the final four! There are no repeated names, just four highly respected Ninjas.
So who’s it going to be? Who’s heading into the championship round for season five?
- Flip Rodriguez – 2013 Miami City Finals vs Brian Arnold – 2013 National Finals – Stage Three (Last Ninja Standing)
- We’re starting with season four in 2012.
That was the first season the show started traveling from location to location, and that the National Finals were held in Las Vegas. Also, we’re starting with this season because that’s as far back as we can find videos for the runs on one of the two different official YouTube accounts that archive them. This one with G4 and USA Network videos and this one with NBC videos.
- The run has to have a video on one of those channels.
We feel it’s important for the voters to be able to watch the runs. That way, even if they weren’t watching way back in 2012, they can still participate in the vote. We realize this excludes buzzer runs that aren’t posted. The system is not perfect. We’ve accepted that.
- They have to hit a buzzer.
There are many, MANY ways to qualify a run as great: If the person made history of some kind, if they overcame something, if they just really grit it out. But our mind exploded trying to figure out a bracket of polls that included ALL the runs, so we’re just talking about buzzers this time.
- The original match ups are pretty random.
They’re just related to how the videos are sorted on the YouTube pages. No other thought went into it. Oh well. 🙂
- If an additional run is needed to balance the bracket, we’ll include the “Last Ninja Standing” run of that season. Think of it as a wildcard.
- We’ll move through all the seasons, and then circle back through the rounds.